How often do we meet?
Weekly sessions are often most effective initially. However I work flexibly to meet your specific needs.
Is it confidential?
Yes. I attend regular supervision which is a legal requirement for all practising counsellors. My supervisor and I abide by BACP's ethical guidelines for respecting client confidentiality.
When can telephone/skype counselling be helpful?
• If you are unable to make the session for some reason but would still like to talk on the phone instead of cancelling, I will offer this as a possibility.
• If you are away, it is also possible to arrange skype sessions, though this would be only be possible once we have established a working relationship.
Where will we meet?
• In Lewes, I work from my home.
• In London, I work from a counselling practice at Tooley street, London Bridge.
How long will I need to be in counselling for?
• This will vary from person to person.
• I usually make an agreement to meet for six sessions following which we can decide on how many sessions may be needed or leave it open ended.
• Certain problems can be resolved within a matter of weeks, however longer may be required for deeper healing and change. If you come seeking a solution for a specific issue, I offer a 12 week goal focused approach.
How do I start?
Our initial session will give you the opportunity to see how you feel with me and whether you would like us to work together. We will discuss what brings you to counselling and what you hope to achieve by coming. I will also ask you questions about yourself and your history. Should I feel that your needs can be better met by another practitioner or type of counselling, I will discuss that with you.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
• Your appointments are important as they are a commitment to yourself. If you need to cancel, please let me know 48 hours ahead of our session, if not the full fee will be payable.